Skip to main content

Table 1 Average Sensor Alignment over Segments

From: Alignment of angular velocity sensors for a vestibular prosthesis

  Slow ROM Fast ROM Slow Explore Fast Explore All
HEAD: HMMS
RMS error 5.4°/s 12.0°/s 15.6°/s 34.2°/s 17.0°/s
Point-to-point error 61.8% 36.8% 108.6% 158.5% 106.6%
Correlation (R2) 0.9364 0.8748 0.7143 0.5100 0.6604
RMS error 33.27% 53.05% 68.86% 78.55% 66.22%
Point-to-point error 42.28% 60.91% 71.22% 86.74% 66.07%
Correlation (R 2 ) 124.15% 124.74% 124.16% 127.57% 123.49%
BBS: HMMS
RMS error 4.7°/s 6.4°/s 7.5°/s 17.1°/s 8.7°/s
Point-to-point error 34.9% 40.0% 48.0% 94.1% 54.4%
Correlation (R2) 0.9676 0.9809 0.9391 0.8551 0.9259
RMS error 26.70% 29.50% 38.42% 56.87% 40.09%
Point-to-point error 24.98% 30.69% 39.27% 60.40% 40.01%
Correlation (R 2 ) 130.21% 127.48% 126.64% 129.71% 129.26%
Movement description
RMS angular velocity 22.8 34.2 31.0 47.7 33.1
RMS range 45.8 68.4 62.1 95.4 66.2
Range of velocities 233.0 434.0 191.6 292.2 467.2
  1. Alignments are calculated within each segment (or over all segments for All) for each trial by randomly selecting 70% of the data in each trial for training (20 random selections) and using the remaining 30% of data for testing. Metrics were averaged over these 20 test sets, then over the three axes, then over the five trials. Italics entries are the aligned metrics divided by the unaligned measurements for the same segments. For example, HEAD: HMMS RMS error is reduced more than 75% by using the alignment algorithm compared to leaving the sensors unaligned.